May 27, 2006
Name: Tatsuyoshi Miyakoshi
Education: B.A., M.A.,
1977-1978, Staff, Nippon Steel Corporation (Shin-Nippon Seitetsu, in Japanese)
Lecturer of Economics, lwate
Professor of Economics.
Professor of Economics,
1995-2002, Professor of Economics,
2002-2005, Professor of Economics, University of Tsukuba
2005-present Professor of Economics,
1996-1996, Visiting Fellow,
for 6 months
1997-1998, Visiting Fellow,
Fields of Specialization:
Macroeconomics, Monetary and Financial Economics, Financial Institution
Current Research Interest:
Financial Deregulation in
PUBLICATIONS: Recent ten years since 1992.
Foreign Refereed Journals:
1. “Fiscal Policy in a Two-Country Fix-Price Model with a Particular Rationing
Rule“,Economic Notes (Blackwell), Vo1.22, No.1, pp.105-122,1993.
2. “The Granger causality between Money and Income for the Japanese economy in
the Presence of a Structural Change” ,with Tsukuda,Y.,
The Japanese Economic Review (Blackwell),Vol.49,No.2,pp.191-209,1998
3. “ Trade-off between Pensions and Jobs for Elderly”,Asian Economic Journal
(Blackwell),Vol.13, No.1, pp.93-107, 1999.
4. “The Japanese Labor Market: Unemployment and Vacancies”,with Tsukuda,Y.,
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies (Elsevier Science), Vol.13,
5. “Productivity Biases and Real Interest Rate Differentials on East-Asian Real
Exchange Rates”, Asian Economic Journal (Blackwell), Vol.13,No.3,
“Testing PPP Hypotheses between
Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,(Kluwer Academic Publisher), Vol.7,No.2,
7. “The Causes of Asian Currency Crisis: Empirical Observation”,
“The monetary approach to the exchange rate: empirical observations from
Applied Economics Letters (Routledge),Vol.7,No.12,pp.437-439,2001.
9. “The Efficacy of Job-Sharing Policy: The Case of OECD Europe”,
Applied Economics Letters (Routledge),Vol.8,No.7,pp.437-439, 2001
10. “ARCH versus Information-based Variances: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock
11. “Real Exchange Rate Determination: Empirical Observations from East-Asian
Countries”, Empirical Economics (Springer-Verlag) , Vol.28,No.1,
12. “Designs of pension management with the rapid aging”, with Kamoike,O.,
Applied Economics Letters, (Routledge), Vol.10,No.3,pp.191-195,2003
“Spillovers of stock return volatility to Asia equity markets from
(Elsevier Science), Vol.13,No.4,pp.383-399,2003
14. “An Alternative Method for Predicting Technical Inefficiency in Stochastic Frontier
Models”,with Tsukuda,Y., Applied Economics Letters, (Routledge),
15. “Testing of the purchasing power parity hypothesis using a vector autoregressive
model”, Empirical Economics, (Springer-Verlag), Vol.29,No.3,pp.541-552,2004
“The causes of the long stagnation in
Applied Financial Economics, (Routledge),Vol.14,No.2,pp.113-120,2004.
17. “Regional Disparities of the Japanese Banking Performance”, with Tsukuda,Y.
Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies,( Blackwell), Vol.16,No.1,
18.” Who drives the Russian Financial Markets?”,with Jalolov,M.,
The Developing Economies(
19.”Money-Income Causality Revisited in EGARCH: Spillovers of Monetary Policy to
the Asia from the
(Elsevier Science), Vol.16,No.1,pp.299-313, 2005
20.” Dynamic Efficiency in the East European Emerging Markets”,with Tsukuda,Y.
and Shimada,J. March, 2006, Asia-Pacific Financial Markets,
(Kluwer Academic Publisher), forthcoming.
21.”Pratical Illustrations of the Two Recent Contributions to Stochastic Frontier Models”,
with Tsukuda,Y., March 2006, Applied Economics Letters, (Routledge),
22.”ARCH Variance Structures and News:The Six Asian Emerging Markets”,
September 2006, Review of
(World Scientific), Vol.9,No.3
23.”Assessments of the Program for Financial Revival of the Japanese Banks”,with
Tsukuda,Y. May. 2006, Applied Financial Economics, (Routledge),forthcoming.
Domestic Refereed Journals:
1. “Credit Economies, Transactions Demand for Money, and Consumption”, Review of Monetary and Financial Studies (Japan Society of Monetary Economics), no.3, July, 1992.
“Scope and Scale Economies in Credit Associations: A
Regional Point of View”,(in Japanese), The Economic Review(The
Institute of Economic Research,
3. ”Testing for Granger Causality between Financial Variables and Real Variables: The Effect of Financial Deregulation”(in Japanese),Japan Financial Review (Japan Securities Research Institute),no.21, Aug. 1996
4. “Ricardian Equivalence Theorem - In a Keynesian Framework-“,(in Japanese) Japan Financial Review (Japan Securities Research Institute),no. 19, 1995
“The Effectiveness of Real Business Cycles Theory in
“Asian Financial Crisis “(in Japanese), Journal
of Personal Finance and Economics (The
7. Regional Disparity of Japanese Banking Performance: Comparative Studies between 1983 and 1999”,(in Japanese) with Y. Tsukuda, The Keizaigaku Vol. 64,No.3,2003
Commercial Journals and University Journals:
more than ten papers.
1. Stdies on a Second Generation of Disequilibrium Economics”, Niigata University Press pp.1-117, 2001
Deregulation of Banks and Security Companies in
1.” Empirical Evidences for the Skewed Distribution of Inefficiency”, with Tsukuda,Y.,
Series, No.1063, November 2003. Revised
2.” Measuring the Welfare Cost of the Japanese Long Stagnation”, with Okubo M,
Series, No.1069, December 2003, Revised on March 13,2005
Renamed ” An Alternative Measure to Lucas- Obstfeld Model:Dynamic Welfare
Cost of Stagnation”, with Okubo,M. and Shimada,J., Revised on March 13,2006
3 “The Welfare Costs of the 1997 Asian Crisis”, with Okubo M, Institute of Policy and
with Okubo,M. and Shimada,J., Revised on March 13,2006
4.” A Welfare Cost of the Lost Decade
Revised on March 13,2006
5.” The Effects of IMF Supported-Program on the Asian Crisis”,with Tsukuda,Y. and
Shimada,J., mimeo, June 19, 2005,Revised September 13,2005,
Revised on May 17,2006
6.”Asymmetric Transmission in the Conditional Mean and Volatility to the Japanese
Market from the
with Shimada,J.and Tsukuda,Y.mimeo, August 9, 2005, Revised on May 17,2006
7.” A Partial Asymmetric Price Adjustment Model and Fama’s Market Efficiency”
with Tsukuda,Y. and Shimada,J., mimeo, March 3, 2006.
8. “Relationship banking in the Japanese main bank system”, mimeo, progressing.
9.“Governance of Banking Firms in
10.” Public expenditure composition and Japanese economic growth” ,
Administrative and Editorial:
Review of Monetary
and Financial Studies (
Economics) (April 202-present)
2002-present); Japan Society of Monetary Economics (April 2006-present)
Fellow, East Asian Economic Association (January 2005-present)
Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering
Western Economic Association International
East Asian Economic Association
Professor Makoto Ohta, Graduate
Waseda University, Tokyo, JAPAN,tel: (+)81-3-3272-6814
Professor Eiji Ogawa, Faculty of Commerce, Hitotsubashi
Professor Yoshihiko Tsukuda , Faculty of Economics, Tohoku